Saturday, 13 December 2014

Reading The Prints

No, I'm not talking about the printed page. I mean the stories that can be read in the prints left in newly fallen snow by foraging critters. This morning my authors were a cat, a fox, a coyote and mice.


The impression of the fox's toe nails are clearly visible.'


A fox foraged behind the barn last night.


The distinctive straight trail of a red fox.


Fox tracks near the edge of our bush lot.


Although hours apart, the tracks of a coyote and my own are companions.


2 comments:

  1. We have all of those tracks! Don't you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last photo, 2 sets of footprints, and who would know that they had not walked together? lovely with tall trees , I would print this and have it on the wall, Jean.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.