Thursday, 11 December 2014

Peckish Peckers

Yesterday and overnight we had a moderate snow fall. It was hardly worth employing my snowblower but I rather enjoy this little job. Fresh clean air and the machine does all the work. I simply hold onto the handle and walk behind. Easier than pushing a shopping cart, really. And much easier than pushing a lawn mower!

It seems the fresh snow has sparked the appetites of my backyard birds. There was quite a run on the suet feeders this morning.


A female Hairy Woodpecker.


The female Red Bellied Woodpecker paying her daily visit.


A male Downy Woodpecker.


A female Downy Woodpecker.


A flock of American Goldfinches on the repurposed honey frames.


A bird's eye view of a living room window.


3 comments:

  1. I liked every one, but the last, perfect, as cats of all colours and ages are my favourites. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cat face! So cute! Lovely birds, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take good care of your birds...love the look on the cats face. I have 5 acres in Central FL and most of it is "jungle"...I leave it for the critters. So much nicely wooded land is being cleared for houses etc...there doesnt seem to be much room for them. Opossums,Raccoons,Armadillos and most anything is welcome here. I did hear there was a Momma bear with 2 cubs a few miles from us...would love to see them..but they'd probably do a job on my bee hives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.