Monday, 15 June 2015

Water Safety

I'm richly entertained by the creatures enjoying the jelly feeder but there was a problem. With all the showers and chance of showers peppering this area, the bowl of the feeder often filled with water and I had to rescue bees from drowning. So with a little adjustment, my jelly clientele can now dine in safety.

A male Baltimore Oriole and a honey bee feasting on grape jelly.


A female Baltimore Oriole also frequents the feeder.


Bottle caps screwed into the lid keep insects from getting trapped inside ...


... and is a much more attractive presentation!


The lid provides more comfortable customer seating.


And best of all, when it rains nobody drowns.

3 comments:

  1. grand solution, and everyone is happy,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what your honey is going to taste like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is brilliant! I just don't think I have the birds for it. But you go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.