Friday, 12 June 2015

Grape Jelly Appreciation

The assorted jams and jellies from my cupboard went down a treat with the oriole crowd. But a favourite, grape jelly, was nowhere to be found among my condiments. Since local berries are not yet ripe and I see no reason to stop indulging my backyard creatures now, I made a special trip to the grocery and bought a jar of the purple stuff. I think the appreciation was evident. 

An oriole sampling the freshly served grape jelly.


This red squirrel also enjoyed the treat.


Both oriole and honey bee prefer the grape jelly over strawberry jam.


Avoiding the honey bees, the oriole digs in.


This golden honey bee is a visitor since mine are much darker.


3 comments:

  1. These are stunning, and jelly so tasty, no wonder everyone comes to your home for their breakfast. Super bright colours, their feathers shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I need to put some jelly out for my bees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had much success with the jam-lovers! I'm happy to enjoy yours, though!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.