Thursday, 22 May 2014

House Wren Tenant

Last winter a neighbour kindly gave me an unexpected present. It was a cute little rustic styled bird house. In the past few days a pair of House Wrens have decided it will suit them just fine.


A brief pose before rushing off for more twigs.


A little manipulation and in goes another twig.


A brief pause before charging off for more material.


The grounds around my countryside home are rich in bird species. One of my favourites is the Gray Catbird. It's alarm call, usually heard when I'm near it's nest, is reminiscent of a kitten mewling in distress.

In a patch of early morning sunlight, a gray catbird declares his territory.


Time to refill the bird bath -- again.



Protesting catbird from Florence Hill on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.