Monday, 26 May 2014

Black Watch

It's a hot and muggy afternoon. I was relaxing on the couch with a cool drink and the windows open to catch the sweet breeze. The backyard birds were raising a ruckus -- much louder than the kind resulting from a prowling cat. Anyway, the only resident cat, Ellie Mae, was sitting on the couch beside me, innocently washing her paws after enjoying a wee snack. So, being a curious person, I went out to investigate.

Perched on the barn roof were two Turkey Vultures. They seemed oblivious to the grackles, robins and redwing blackbirds dive-bombing at them. Finally, after a bit of wing stretching and what seemed to me to be an exchange of meaningful looks, they soared off.






Sorry chaps. Despite looking like death warmed up, I'm actually feeling quite healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.