Sunday, 18 May 2014

Cradle Weaver

This morning I took a walk through our bush lot. After a very rainy Spring, the bush was filled with little ponds, making a squishy cushion beneath my rubber boots. Dainty wildflowers were everywhere and the bush had a fresh, clean fragrance from it's carpet of young ferns.

These spring beauties have pink pollen.


The ferns make a pretty backdrop for these violets.



Walking back down the laneway towards home, I heard the scolding of an oriole. Looking up, I saw a female weaving a nest near the end of an American Elm branch.

Busily weaving her masterpiece.


Yes, I am admiring your work, Mrs. O.


Good luck with your project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.