Saturday, 31 December 2016

A New Zealand Gem




Only hours now remain of 2016 and old man winter is serving up an all day snow storm driven by a cold east wind. My thoughts turn to hot popcorn and a good movie.

On Netflix, I did find a gem -- a 2016 New Zealand film called, Hunt For The Wilderpeople. The stunningly rugged scenery of New Zealand's wilderness was reward enough, but the characters were all quirky and likeable. The story is based on the book, Wild Pork and Watercress written by Barry Crump. I chuckled throughout and whole-heartedly recommend this film to everyone. Guaranteed to leave you feeling warm and fuzzy!


 


6 comments:

  1. This would have to be the best blog title!!! Yes, a great film based on one of Barry Crump's unforgettable stories. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are another great New Zealand gem, Jean. But regarding the movie, I watched it twice in a row. So many wonderful bewildering glances from Hec to the young lad uttering generation gap statements. And the scenery was fantastic. I love the fern trees and the mossy bush and the mountains. The young lady riding the horse was a bright light as well! I hope 2017 is an ambulance -free year for you. My very best wishes to you and yours. Enjoy your summer!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Florence. all OK here so far, another medication change might be the answer. Some didn't give the film a very high rating down here, but I thought it was well over the 5 star, which is the top one.

      Delete
  2. Florence, we have earmarked this movie for the weekend; you obviously got such great delight from it I must check it out. Meanwhile, did you get the ice storm we had yesterday? And the snow we are due to get today? The weather has been wild in our area; perhaps calmer down your way. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this movie, Jocelyn. I gave it five stars! Yes, ice rain and snow and power outages in this area. My power only flickered off and then back on again last night. My most hated conditions are slated for tonight -- very strong winds!! Yikes!! There is a sloppy little window now for me to scurry out and get groceries, so I'd better saddle up, Hope you are having fun with your new Nikon.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.