Friday, 6 January 2017

Garden Feature

This morning was sunny but bitterly cold. The thermometer failed to register much above zero degrees F. But I was delighted to find that my frozen garden had acquired a new feature.

As I prepared breakfast, I noticed an unusual movement in the view from my kitchen window. It was a fox. In the far end of my garden it selected a sunny but secluded spot, turned around a couple of times to make a little bed in the snow and then settled in for a morning's nap. It slept there all morning. Around noon when the sun's rays no longer reached it's bed, it got up and stretched, had a good scratch, a roll in the snow and then moved off to a sunnier location a few feet away.

To my eyes, garden features just don't get any more charming!

Furry ears point in the direction of my kitchen window.

Pawing the snow and turning around to form a bed.

Settling in to a sunny spot for a morning's sleep.

Afternoon shadows have crept over it's bed.

Time to stretch and follow the sunshine.

Ah yes, there is a warmer spot over there!

This is a good bedroom for a little fox -- very private.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, he is so gorgeous, and what a wonderful spot to lie. Our stray cat does the same, and when too hot, has a favourite place under a row of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Florence, now I have fox envy. First that unique beautiful owl. And now to spy a fellow like this and see him take a nap in view of your kitchen window. Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful gift you were given. And great to share it with us, your faithful readers!
    So sweet!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures...I would love to have him in my garden...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this series with my favorite animal in all of nature. What a treat that you got to watch that and thanks for letting us enjoy each step also. Smiling now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are so beautiful! Happy New Year and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.