Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Foggy Morning Walk

Yesterday afternoon, gale force winds made me abandon my yard work and flee to the house and den up. Last night it rained, with a bit of thunder thrown in. This morning we had ground fog. No complains about boring weather in these parts! Today's early morning air had the wonderful clean aroma of being freshly washed plus the added spicy scent of young leaves and blossoms. Breakfast could wait, the temptation for a ramble won out.


The rising sun casting rays in the mist.


The moon suspended above a blanket of fog.


Ground fog lifting off a distant field.


A stream trickles beside our greening bush lot.


Ash tree flowers ornament a branch.


My honey bees will enjoy these wild plum blossoms.


Weeping Willow catkins brighten the landscape.


A pair of tree swallows hold claim to this nest box.


At the far reaches of our property, I stood on our side of the fence and snapped a picture of our neighbour's barn for no particular reason, other than it was a reminder of bygone days and bygone people. When I got home and looked through my pictures, I saw something that I hadn't noticed earlier.


I was completely unaware of this fox when I took the picture.

2 comments:

  1. I feel as though I am walking there with you, every one tells me so much, and the finale, a red fox, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that a storm? You are right, the aromas of spring were delicious! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.